From: Syphonics via AccessMonster.com on
Hi all,

I have a main form which inside contains a sub-form A and inside this subform
A there is a subform B.
Subform A is a datasheet view while subformB is a form.
After I delete the records in subform B, the records are gone. But once I
close and open the main form again, the records still appears in the subform
B.
I couldn't delete the records in subform B using the main form. But I can do
it when I open only the subform A and delete the records of subform B.
Please do help me in this. I am stuck with this for days.

Thank you.

From: Syphonics via AccessMonster.com on
Anyone able to help me?

From: John W. Vinson on
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:58:58 GMT, "Syphonics via AccessMonster.com"
<u25414(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a main form which inside contains a sub-form A and inside this subform
>A there is a subform B.
>Subform A is a datasheet view while subformB is a form.
>After I delete the records in subform B, the records are gone. But once I
>close and open the main form again, the records still appears in the subform
>B.
>I couldn't delete the records in subform B using the main form. But I can do
>it when I open only the subform A and delete the records of subform B.
>Please do help me in this. I am stuck with this for days.
>
>Thank you.

I'm confused. In my experience you can't HAVE a subform within a Datasheet
subform! Are you using Subdatasheets, with the + icon at the left of the
datasheet, or what?

What are the Recordsource properties of A and B? Could you post the SQL? How
are you deleting the records?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Syphonics via AccessMonster.com on
Hi John,
My subform A is a datasheet with a + icon at the left.Upon clicking on the
+icon, it will open the sub form B, which is a form view.

In my main form, there is a combo box which allows me to choose the customer.
Upon choosing the customer, it will filtered and shows the list of orders of
the customer in subform A.
Subform A record source is from my "Order Query".
On clicking on the +icon of subfrom A, it will open subform B and show the
Account Receivables details. Subform B record source is from my table
"Account Receivables".

I left click on the record of the subform B and did a record cut. After
closing the main form and reopening it, the record which i have just deleted
appears once again. I couldn't delete the record unless I do a manual delete
on my table "Account Receivables".

SQL
Subfrom A:
SELECT Order.*
FROM [Order];

Subform B:
SELECT
FROM [Account Receivables];

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 01:26:40 GMT, "Syphonics via AccessMonster.com"
<u25414(a)uwe> wrote:

>Hi John,
>My subform A is a datasheet with a + icon at the left.Upon clicking on the
>+icon, it will open the sub form B, which is a form view.
>
>In my main form, there is a combo box which allows me to choose the customer.
>Upon choosing the customer, it will filtered and shows the list of orders of
>the customer in subform A.
>Subform A record source is from my "Order Query".
>On clicking on the +icon of subfrom A, it will open subform B and show the
>Account Receivables details. Subform B record source is from my table
>"Account Receivables".
>
>I left click on the record of the subform B and did a record cut. After
>closing the main form and reopening it, the record which i have just deleted
>appears once again. I couldn't delete the record unless I do a manual delete
>on my table "Account Receivables".
>
>SQL
>Subfrom A:
>SELECT Order.*
>FROM [Order];
>
>Subform B:
>SELECT
>FROM [Account Receivables];

How are your tables related? Do you have Referential Integrity enforced on the
relationship? What about Cascade Deletes? What's the Master and Child Link
Field of B?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]