From: Cesar Rabak on
Em 13/3/2010 00:08, Tim Wescott escreveu:
> Jim Stewart wrote:
>> me here wrote:

>>> That's a good one.
>>>
>>> Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
>>> driving a slighly more upmarket car.
>>>
>>> Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.
>>>
>>> Pretty unlikely.
>>>
>>> I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.
>>
>> Called incoming inspection here in the colonies (:
>>
>> And the they were probably the first employees fired
>> when the economy tanked.
>>
> Incoming inspection is just an expense, after all. Heavens, it's almost
> as bad as engineering!

No... incoming inspection is old fashioned because you know we've this
ISO 9k certificates on file and we only buy from other certified folks...

--
Cesar Rabak
GNU/Linux User 52247.
From: Mr.T on

"Cesar Rabak" <csrabak(a)bol.com.br> wrote in message
> No... incoming inspection is old fashioned because you know we've this
> ISO 9k certificates on file and we only buy from other certified folks...

Sadly a very real misconception.

MrT.

From: Ulf Samuelsson on
me here skrev:
> Don McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Tuesday March 9, 2010
>> Unboxing the Fake Intel Core i7-920
>>
>> By now, you've probably seen many of the homemade videos from people
>> who ordered an Intel Core i7-920 processor from Newegg.com and
>> received a bogus processor and hunk of plastic shaped like a fan.
>> Newegg has thrown supplier IPEX Infotech of Freemont [corrected]
>> California under the bus for this fiasco; in a statement released to
>> Information Week, the retailer said, "We have since come to discover
>> the CPUs were counterfeit and are terminating our relationship with
>> this supplier."
>>
>> http://www.gearlog.com/2010/03/hands_on_fake_intel_core_i7-92_1.php
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>
> That's a good one.
>
> Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
> driving a slighly more upmarket car.
>
> Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.
>
> Pretty unlikely.
>
> I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.

Incoming inspection might not do the job.
I met someone who bought a cheap 8 GB (or whatever) iPod in China,
and when back home, he started loading it up.

Memory was full after 128 MB...

BR
Ulf Samuelsson
From: Mr.T on

"Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf(a)a-t-m-e-l.com> wrote in message
> Incoming inspection might not do the job.
> I met someone who bought a cheap 8 GB (or whatever) iPod in China,
> and when back home, he started loading it up.
>
> Memory was full after 128 MB...

Er, isn't that the point of incoming inspection! (acceptance testing)
"Inspection" doesn't mean a quick visual for obvious physical damage you
realise?

MrT.