From: Don McKenzie on
Tuesday March 9, 2010
Unboxing the Fake Intel Core i7-920

By now, you've probably seen many of the homemade videos from people who
ordered an Intel Core i7-920 processor from Newegg.com and received a
bogus processor and hunk of plastic shaped like a fan. Newegg has thrown
supplier IPEX Infotech of Freemont [corrected] California under the bus
for this fiasco; in a statement released to Information Week, the
retailer said, "We have since come to discover the CPUs were counterfeit
and are terminating our relationship with this supplier."

http://www.gearlog.com/2010/03/hands_on_fake_intel_core_i7-92_1.php

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/micro-oled.html
From: me here on
Don McKenzie wrote:

> Tuesday March 9, 2010
> Unboxing the Fake Intel Core i7-920
>
> By now, you've probably seen many of the homemade videos from people
> who ordered an Intel Core i7-920 processor from Newegg.com and
> received a bogus processor and hunk of plastic shaped like a fan.
> Newegg has thrown supplier IPEX Infotech of Freemont [corrected]
> California under the bus for this fiasco; in a statement released to
> Information Week, the retailer said, "We have since come to discover
> the CPUs were counterfeit and are terminating our relationship with
> this supplier."
>
> http://www.gearlog.com/2010/03/hands_on_fake_intel_core_i7-92_1.php
>
> Cheers Don...

That's a good one.

Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
driving a slighly more upmarket car.

Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.

Pretty unlikely.

I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.
From: Jim Stewart on
me here wrote:
> Don McKenzie wrote:
>
>> Tuesday March 9, 2010
>> Unboxing the Fake Intel Core i7-920
>>
>> By now, you've probably seen many of the homemade videos from people
>> who ordered an Intel Core i7-920 processor from Newegg.com and
>> received a bogus processor and hunk of plastic shaped like a fan.
>> Newegg has thrown supplier IPEX Infotech of Freemont [corrected]
>> California under the bus for this fiasco; in a statement released to
>> Information Week, the retailer said, "We have since come to discover
>> the CPUs were counterfeit and are terminating our relationship with
>> this supplier."
>>
>> http://www.gearlog.com/2010/03/hands_on_fake_intel_core_i7-92_1.php
>>
>> Cheers Don...
>
> That's a good one.
>
> Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
> driving a slighly more upmarket car.
>
> Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.
>
> Pretty unlikely.
>
> I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.

Called incoming inspection here in the colonies (:

And the they were probably the first employees fired
when the economy tanked.

From: Tim Wescott on
Jim Stewart wrote:
> me here wrote:
>> Don McKenzie wrote:
>>
>>> Tuesday March 9, 2010
>>> Unboxing the Fake Intel Core i7-920
>>>
>>> By now, you've probably seen many of the homemade videos from people
>>> who ordered an Intel Core i7-920 processor from Newegg.com and
>>> received a bogus processor and hunk of plastic shaped like a fan.
>>> Newegg has thrown supplier IPEX Infotech of Freemont [corrected]
>>> California under the bus for this fiasco; in a statement released to
>>> Information Week, the retailer said, "We have since come to discover
>>> the CPUs were counterfeit and are terminating our relationship with
>>> this supplier."
>>>
>>> http://www.gearlog.com/2010/03/hands_on_fake_intel_core_i7-92_1.php
>>>
>>> Cheers Don...
>>
>> That's a good one.
>>
>> Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
>> driving a slighly more upmarket car.
>>
>> Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.
>>
>> Pretty unlikely.
>>
>> I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.
>
> Called incoming inspection here in the colonies (:
>
> And the they were probably the first employees fired
> when the economy tanked.

Incoming inspection is just an expense, after all. Heavens, it's almost
as bad as engineering!

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com
From: keithr on
Tim Wescott wrote:
> Jim Stewart wrote:
>> me here wrote:

>>> That's a good one.
>>>
>>> Someone somewhere must be laughing their heads off on that scam, and
>>> driving a slighly more upmarket car.
>>>
>>> Be interesting to see if they catch the culprits.
>>>
>>> Pretty unlikely.
>>>
>>> I suppose there's a vacancy at Newegg for a store receivals officer now.
>>
>> Called incoming inspection here in the colonies (:
>>
>> And the they were probably the first employees fired
>> when the economy tanked.
>>
> Incoming inspection is just an expense, after all. Heavens, it's almost
> as bad as engineering!

I spent 2 weeks in Japan once caused by the customer having incoming
inspection where my employer did not. Out of the 60 PCs we shipped, they
rejected 50, everything from memory parity errors (remember those?), bad
hard disks to a keyboard that had two full stops and no comma. How many
heads rolled from that fiasco? Exactly none. Did we start doing incoming
inspection? No, we just sold to less choosy customers.