From: Laurence Payne on
On 13 Mar 2007 21:08:52 -0700, "Doc" <docsavage20(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
>process of figuring out the Mixer.
>
>Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
>selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?
>
>What's the difference between AP 1/2 and AP Multi? They appear to
>sound the same.
>
>The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
>Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
>cousins? Essentially the same card?

Yup. It's part of the Delta range. Install it, put the mixer on basic
settings (you don't need the monitor section), feed it an appropriate
level signal and get on with your work. It's a simple device that
does a simple job very nicely.

Your only decision is ASIO buffer size, hence latency. If you're
running software synths as plugins to a sequencer, and want to play
them in real time, choose a buffer size that gives sub-10ms delay.
Otherwise, you can leave latency comfortably high, releasing resources
for other things
From: Geoff on
Steve Karl wrote:
> "Doc" <docsavage20(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Any hints/tips regarding this card?
>>
>> Thanks for all input.

ha ha

> I'm watching this one.
> I've got 1 of those cards and never use it because the mixer is so UN
> intuitive.

And I thought it was just me !

geoff

From: Geoff on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:MfLJh.976$Eg4.146(a)trnddc03 the killer robot "Steve Karl"
because the mixer is so UN
>> intuitive. maybe I'll learn something here.
>
> I've got two AP2496 cards in my machine. One feeds the other through
> S/PDIF, and both show up in the one Delta mixer, selectable by radio
> buttons on the right. I don't know exactly what routing happens
> under the hood, but by trial and error, I've been able to do routing
> that I'd have never thought possible without re-patching things. I
> still don't understand how it works though. <shrug>

A flow-chart would certainly help.

geoff

From: sutheran Ahia on
According to M-Audios website,Windows Media Center Edition is not supposed
to work with their cards.
Apparantly there are driver differences between XP MCE and XP Home and
Pro.Have you been able to record with the card as of yet?I was planning to
buy an M Audio card until I found out>

From: Doc on
On Mar 14, 3:57 am, Laurence Payne <lpayne1NOSPAM(a)dslDOTpipexDOTcom>
wrote:

> Yup. It's part of the Delta range. Install it, put the mixer on basic
> settings (you don't need the monitor section), feed it an appropriate
> level signal and get on with your work. It's a simple device that
> does a simple job very nicely.

I found it took a bit just to get to the point where I could hear
anything coming out of the card as far as .wav files within Cakewalk,
or record & hear what I was recording. I was originally going to ask
how to do that but after fooling around with it for a bit I finally
got it working.

For anyone with similar difficulties, you have to dig around in the
recording app and tell it to recognize the card in both playback and
record mode at the global and track level.

I still haven't gotten it to give me output through LiveSynth Pro,
still have only managed that through the Audigy.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Midi Latency -Recording only
Next: Print Staff View