From: Doc on
Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
process of figuring out the Mixer.

Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?

What's the difference between AP 1/2 and AP Multi? They appear to
sound the same.

The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
cousins? Essentially the same card?

Any hints/tips regarding this card?

Thanks for all input.

From: Steve Karl on

"Doc" <docsavage20(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1173845332.829417.264190(a)l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
> Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
> process of figuring out the Mixer.
>
> Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
> selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?
>
> What's the difference between AP 1/2 and AP Multi? They appear to
> sound the same.
>
> The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
> Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
> cousins? Essentially the same card?
>
> Any hints/tips regarding this card?
>
> Thanks for all input.

I'm watching this one.
I've got 1 of those cards and never use it because the mixer is so UN intuitive.
maybe I'll learn something here.

Steve

From: Arny Krueger on
"Steve Karl" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message

> I'm watching this one.
> I've got 1 of those cards and never use it because the
> mixer is so UN intuitive. maybe I'll learn something here.

I have more than a half dozen M-Audio Delta series cards, for as long as 5
years, and have never bothered to try to use the Monitor Mixer.

From: Don Pearce on
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 04:56:12 GMT, "Steve Karl" <nospam(a)nospam.com>
wrote:

>"Doc" <docsavage20(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1173845332.829417.264190(a)l77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...
>> Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
>> process of figuring out the Mixer.
>>
>> Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
>> selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?
>>
>> What's the difference between AP 1/2 and AP Multi? They appear to
>> sound the same.
>>
>> The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
>> Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
>> cousins? Essentially the same card?
>>
>> Any hints/tips regarding this card?
>>
>> Thanks for all input.
>
>I'm watching this one.
>I've got 1 of those cards and never use it because the mixer is so UN intuitive.
>maybe I'll learn something here.
>
>Steve

Don;'t hold your breath.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
From: Laurence Payne on
wrote:

>> The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
>> Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
>> cousins? Essentially the same card?
>>
>> Any hints/tips regarding this card?
>>
>> Thanks for all input.
>
>I'm watching this one.
>I've got 1 of those cards and never use it because the mixer is so UN intuitive.
>maybe I'll learn something here.

You may find it unintuitive because you don't need what it does. Just
leave inputs/outputs on basic straight-through settings. Ignore the
monitor facilities.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Midi Latency -Recording only