From: Doc on
On Mar 14, 4:17 pm, "sutheran Ahia" <sutherna...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> According to M-Audios website,Windows Media Center Edition is not supposed
> to work with their cards.

> Apparantly there are driver differences between XP MCE and XP Home and
> Pro. Have you been able to record with the card as of yet? I was planning to
> buy an M Audio card until I found out

So far yes, but have only done short tests. Have managed simultaneous
record/playback/record monitoring. However if upon longer use I run
into any issues, I'll comment in here. I guess I've been in
"bumblebee" mode. I.e. I flew because I didn't know it's not possible
for me to fly. (That's what I heard once about bees, supposedly
physics would indicate that their bodies are too heavy for their wings)

From: Tobiah on
Doc wrote:
> Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
> process of figuring out the Mixer.

I have the Delta 44, but I assume that the mixer is equivalent.
The "Monitor Mixer" tab allows you to control a simple software
mixer that allows sending any input or output signal to a
'control room' type stereo bus. If you select monitor mixer
as the output source for channel one and two, then you will
hear the output of this mixer on those channels, provided that
you have raised some of the monitor mixer sliders corresponding
to active input or output channels. This is your gateway to
'zero latency' monitoring of your input signals combined with
your output signals (i.e. previous tracks).

> Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
> selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?

The only reason would be that you have only partially raised the
sliders in the monitor mixer.

> The options under the device listings actually say M-Audio Delta, not
> Audiophile. Apparently the Audiophile and Delta cards are very close
> cousins? Essentially the same card?

They are both based on the Envy24 chipset. The 24/96 differs from the
Delta units in that it only uses two channels. I'm not surprised that
Midiman just used the same software for both.

From: Ricky Hunt on
"Doc" <docsavage20(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496, running under XP Media Center, in the
> process of figuring out the Mixer.
>
> Why is it that the sound file output is louder when "Wave Out" is
> selected in the Patchbay router than when "Monitor Mixer" is selected?

I just got home from over a weak at the hospital. Ping me in a day or too
and I'll explain it.

Ricky Hunt

From: Laurence Payne on
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:47:20 -0700, Tobiah <toby(a)tobiah.org> wrote:

>I have the Delta 44, but I assume that the mixer is equivalent.
>The "Monitor Mixer" tab allows you to control a simple software
>mixer that allows sending any input or output signal to a
>'control room' type stereo bus. If you select monitor mixer
>as the output source for channel one and two, then you will
>hear the output of this mixer on those channels, provided that
>you have raised some of the monitor mixer sliders corresponding
>to active input or output channels. This is your gateway to
>'zero latency' monitoring of your input signals combined with
>your output signals (i.e. previous tracks).

And very useful that can be. Except that mostly people use a similar
"zero latency" loop-back function in their DAW software, or monitor
inputs directly through an external mixing board. This is much more
flexible, and makes the Delta monitor mixer redundant.
From: kitekrazy on
Isn't the Monitor Mixer used for duplex recording? I have a AP2496.
I also have a FW410 and it's control panel doesn't look near as confusing.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Midi Latency -Recording only
Next: Print Staff View