From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:58:01 -0700, Scott-az
<Scottaz(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm not sure where to post this question, so I started it here. Windows
> XP sp3, under SERVICES, I found a new unidentified service named:
> VIVWFIOSAZP.EXE.
>
> The only thing I can see is that this exe file is in a temp directory:
> C:\DOCUME~1\Britt\LOCALS~1\Temp\VIVWFLIOSARZP.exe
>
> I have no idea what this service is or where it came from.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?
> Thanks

A name like this, which can't be found in a search, is almost always a
malware infection.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Scott-az on
Thanks for the help. I did run MalawareBytes'Anti-Malware, MS Malicious Tool
Remover and RootKitRevealer. All came back negative. I made a manual System
Restore point and deleted the service.
Thanks

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Scott-az" <Scottaz(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| Thanks for the help. I did run MalawareBytes'Anti-Malware, MS Malicious Tool
| Remover and RootKitRevealer. All came back negative. I made a manual System
| Restore point and deleted the service.
| Thanks

Deleting the service is insufficient !

Please submit a sample of VIVWFLIOSARZP.EXE to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition Virus
Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

You can also submit a suspect, one at a time, via the following email URL...
mailto:scan(a)virustotal.com?subject=SCAN

When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

--
Dave

From: Scott-az on
Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to submit this to a website. I never did
find an exe in the temp directory. Only had a service named vivwfliosarzp
that pointed to an exe in a temp directory. When I did a file search,
nothing was found.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Scott-az" <Scottaz(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| Sorry, didn't know I was supposed to submit this to a website. I never did
| find an exe in the temp directory. Only had a service named vivwfliosarzp
| that pointed to an exe in a temp directory. When I did a file search,
| nothing was found.

Because it may have the Hidden and System attributes and cause it to be staelthy from
normal views.

--
Dave

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: help
Next: Something's running every half hour.