From: Al Campagna on
I noticed that while watching a streaming movie, that every half hour, the
movie
stutters, and the audio gets out of synch with the video.

This happens at 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, etc... on every half hour.

This seems to be some program, is running in the background every
half hour, and uses enough system resources to cause the video to stutter.

I do have virus updates and some backup routines, but nothing that I would
have
requested to run every half hour.

Is there some tool, or utility, I can use to try to find out what is running
at those times? Something like a log of all system events?

Thanks for any assistance,
Al Campagna

From: sandy58 on
On Apr 20, 6:13 am, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> I noticed that while watching a streaming movie, that every half hour, the
> movie
> stutters, and the audio gets out of synch with the video.
>
> This happens at 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, etc... on every half hour.
>
> This seems to be some program, is running in the background every
> half hour, and uses enough system resources to cause the video to stutter..
>
> I do have virus updates and some backup routines, but nothing that I would
> have
> requested to run every half hour.
>
> Is there some tool, or utility, I can use to try to find out what is running
> at those times?  Something like a log of all system events?
>
> Thanks for any assistance,
> Al Campagna

Buffer? ...or ads time from the source?
From: Al Campagna on
Sandy,
Well, the movie only took a few minutes to fully buffer, so I think it's
not that.
But, I was on a site I hadn't used before, and the ad idea may be the
reason.
I do have AdBlock running (I did not see any ads pop up), so... perhaps
it
was Adblock that used up the resources.
I'll check that out further...

> Is there some tool, or utility, I can use to try to find out what is
> running
> at those times? Something like a log of all system events?

Thanks for your help,
Al Campagna

From: Unknown on
Do you by chance have NORTON?

From: Al Campagna on
No, I'm running AVG, which should update only once a day.
Al