From: Unknown on
But, does it run in the background? Does it scan?

From: Unknown on
Also, how often do you check for mail?

From: Al Campagna on
Unknown,
My AVG is running in the background.
My email checks every 5 minutes, and runs in the background too

Perhaps at this point it would be very difficult to try to "by logic
alone"
determine the culprit.
That's why I asked if There was any kind of
Windows XP utility or function that would "trace" Windows activity in a log,
in hopes of seeing who's using what... and when.

Also, this was a web site I was not familiar with, and as a Sandy
suggested,
it could be the site itself.

Thanks for your help,

From: Al Campagna on
jetjock,
Thanks for that info.
I'll give it a try...
Al

From: Unknown on
There are times when you just have to use the process of elimination. IE
shut down one or more things
at a time till it no longer fails. Processes in task manager may give you a
clue. .