From: Theo Markettos on
Steve Terry <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> If you have spent enough on virgin top ups Virgin will give
> you the code, give them a call and ask what they require

15 quid unlock charge, according to pricelist. Whether they waive that for
good customers, I have no idea.

The other option is a SIM shim, something like:
(many varieties on DX, not sure of the differences)

Theo
From: Steve Terry on
"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 19, 11:09 pm, "Richard Colton" <newsgro...(a)uselessinfoZILCH-
SPAM.org.uk> wrote:
> "jodi" <jodi.68a1...(a)mobilebanter.co.uk> wrote in message

<snip>

>My mobile model is not listed on that site. CJB.

The best way to get most Virgin Mobile phones unlocked
is to get the code from Virgin.

Alcatels are not a brand known to be easily unlocked,
not known for much else either.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Steve Terry on
"Theo Markettos" <theom+news(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
> Steve Terry <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> wrote:
>> If you have spent enough on virgin top ups Virgin will give
>> you the code, give them a call and ask what they require
>
> 15 quid unlock charge, according to pricelist. Whether they waive that
> for
> good customers, I have no idea.
>
> The other option is a SIM shim, something like:
> http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167
> (many varieties on DX, not sure of the differences)
> Theo

Very hit or miss if they'll work in a Alcatel?

Virgin Mobile also GID1 sim lock their phones, best to get
the genuine unlock code from Virgin to clear all the locks

Steve Terry

From: CJB on
On Jul 20, 1:32 am, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> "Theo Markettos" <theom+n...(a)chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message
>
> news:xQr*RDtet(a)news.chiark.greenend.org.uk...> Steve Terry <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:
> >> If you have spent enough on virgin top ups Virgin will give
> >> you the code, give them a call and ask what they require
>
> > 15 quid unlock charge, according to pricelist.  Whether they waive that
> > for
> > good customers, I have no idea.
>
> > The other option is a SIM shim, something like:
> >http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167
> > (many varieties on DX, not sure of the differences)
> > Theo
>
> Very hit or miss if they'll work in a Alcatel?
>
> Virgin Mobile also GID1 sim lock their phones, best to get
> the genuine unlock code from Virgin to clear all the locks
>
> Steve Terry
> --
> Welcome Sign-up Bonus of £1 when you signup free at:http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

Hmm - thank you - but how do I get the unlock code from Virgin when
they can't even be ar$ed to respond to complaints about being over-
charged for billing? Seems to me they can't be bothered with customers
- once they've got their money. Chris B.
From: CJB on
On Jul 20, 9:15 am, CJB <chrisjbr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 1:32 am, "Steve Terry" <gfour...(a)tesco.net> wrote:

> > > 15 quid unlock charge, according to pricelist.  Whether they waive that
> > > for
> > > good customers, I have no idea.
>
> > > The other option is a SIM shim, something like:
> > >http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12167
> > > (many varieties on DX, not sure of the differences)
> > > Theo
>
> > Very hit or miss if they'll work in a Alcatel?
>
> > Virgin Mobile also GID1 sim lock their phones, best to get
> > the genuine unlock code from Virgin to clear all the locks
>
> > Steve Terry
> > --
> > Welcome Sign-up Bonus of £1 when you signup free at:http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK
>
> Hmm - thank you - but how do I get the unlock code from Virgin when
> they can't even be ar$ed to respond to complaints about being over-
> charged for billing? Seems to me they can't be bothered with customers
> - once they've got their money. Chris B.

Thank guys. The phone will now be donated to that African charity. Its
pretty useless and I can then get shot of Virgin's rip-off charges and
non-existent customer service once and for all. Chris B.