From: phule92 on
How can I unlock a locked folder when the Locked checkbox is grayed-
out? I've got read & write permission for system, admin, and everyone
else.
From: phule92 on
On Jun 26, 2:26 pm, Michael Vilain <vil...(a)NOspamcop.net> wrote:
> In article
> <15b92a8e-f03b-41a6-b925-049a0b119...(a)n19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  phule92 <heoqad...(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > How can I unlock a locked folder when the Locked checkbox is grayed-
> > out? I've got read & write permission for system, admin, and everyone
> > else.
>
> Who owns the parent directory?  What are the permissions on that
> directory?  To change a file's attributes (a folder or directory is a
> special form of a file), you need to have write permission for the
> parent directory.
>
> --
> DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...
> [I filter all Goggle Groups posts, so any reply may be automatically ignored]

The owner is me as I'm the only user. The permissions are drwxrwxrwx
From: Kevin McMurtrie on
In article
<15b92a8e-f03b-41a6-b925-049a0b11972f(a)n19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
phule92 <heoqadv02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:

> How can I unlock a locked folder when the Locked checkbox is grayed-
> out? I've got read & write permission for system, admin, and everyone
> else.

That sounds like access control lists (ACL). Finder's 'Get Info' window
has a place to edit ACLs but I've never seen it work. You'll probably
have to fix it on the command line.

chflags nouchg yourFile
chmod -N yourFile

Rather than type in the path to 'yourFile', you can drag and drop the
file onto the Terminal window. The file path will be entered for you.
From: phule92 on
On Jun 26, 2:49 pm, Kevin McMurtrie <mcmurt...(a)pixelmemory.us> wrote:
> In article
> <15b92a8e-f03b-41a6-b925-049a0b119...(a)n19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  phule92 <heoqad...(a)sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > How can I unlock a locked folder when the Locked checkbox is grayed-
> > out? I've got read & write permission for system, admin, and everyone
> > else.
>
> That sounds like access control lists (ACL).  Finder's 'Get Info' window
> has a place to edit ACLs but I've never seen it work.  You'll probably
> have to fix it on the command line.
>
> chflags nouchg yourFile
> chmod -N yourFile
>
> Rather than type in the path to 'yourFile', you can drag and drop the
> file onto the Terminal window.  The file path will be entered for you.
> --
> I won't see Google Groups replies because I must filter them as spam

This doesn't work either.