From: Old Bob on
From my automatic updates, today I received a windows update (KB886903)
Security update for Microsoft .NET frameword version 1.1 service pack. It
will not install. I even tried the long way by the menu and same result.
When I "review my update history" I can click on the "Status" column to see
why it did not install and it tells me error Ox64C..I cannot find anything on
that error. Can anyone give any assistance?
From: "Heinz K." <Heinz on
Maybe that this willhelp you, it is a problem with the "DisableRollback"
entree in the registry.
You have to open the program "regedit"
Error 064x

Bei dem Fehler handelt es sich um ein Windows-Updateproblem. In der Registry
müssen die Einträge ?DisableRollback? den Wert 0 haben.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\DisableRollback

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\DisableRollback
many greetings Heinz K.

From: Old Bob on
I could not undersand what to do after I do a regedit and type in 064x as it
printed in a language I do not understand. Could someone translate? Should
I back up my registry before doing this hopefull correction?

From: Old Bob on
Also, the articles you are pointing me to are about windows 2000 and I have
windows XP--

From: TaurArian [MVP] on
Installation of .NET Framework service packs is not completed if you first install
security update MS05-004
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899619/
When you install Microsoft .NET Framework service packs on computers that have the
..NET Framework 1.0 or the .NET Framework 1.1 installed, you receive one of the
following error messages:
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 (KB867461) cannot be installed because
you have one or more hot fixes installed. Remove them and try again
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB867460) cannot be installed because
you have one or more hot fixes installed. Remove them and try again
The installation is not completed.

How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824643

Check point:

Suggestion Pat Walters MSFT:

Please try the following:

Check the My_Computer_Zone has FullTrust permissions enabled:

1. Click Start
2. Click Control Panel
3. Double-click Administrative Tools
4. Click to select the latest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework
Configuration tool.
5. Drill-down to Runtime Security Policy
6. Then Machine
7. Then Code Groups
8. Then Machine
9. Code Groups
10. All_Code
11. Then Right-click on My_Computer_Zone.
12. Click the Permission Set tab
13. Verify and/or change permission set to FullTrust.
14. Reboot the machine
15. Try the installation once more and see if this works for you.

Sincerely,

Pat Walters [MSFT]

"Old Bob" <OldBob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> From my automatic updates, today I received a windows update (KB886903)
> Security update for Microsoft .NET frameword version 1.1 service pack. It
> will not install. I even tried the long way by the menu and same result.
> When I "review my update history" I can click on the "Status" column to see
> why it did not install and it tells me error Ox64C..I cannot find anything on
> that error. Can anyone give any assistance?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: error 0x8007273d:
Next: Error number: 0x8007043C