From: Darren Salt on
I demand that ANTant(a)zimage.com may or may not have written...

[snip]

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter3#Mysensorshavestoppedworkinginkernel2.6.31
> which look like my issue and matches dmesg: http://pastie.org/856424 ... I
> am scared to use the lax method since it is not recommended. Is there
> another way to show the datas safely? Or do I have to use this trick, live
> without them, or downgrade back to 2.6.30 Kernel?

Whether it's safe depends on the BIOS. I'm seeing no problems here (Abit KN8,
PhoenixBIOS), though I do have the BIOS configured not to monitor the
temperature, which is probably important; I've not checked.

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds ,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.xine-project.org/

"How are things?"
From: Darren Salt on
I demand that Ant may or may not have written...

> On 3/7/2010 7:25 AM PT, Darren Salt typed:
>> Whether it's safe depends on the BIOS. I'm seeing no problems here (Abit
>> KN8, PhoenixBIOS), though I do have the BIOS configured not to monitor
>> the temperature, which is probably important; I've not checked.

> Why no temperature? :(

The sensors are available (the CPU's currently idling at 31�C); all that's
switched off is the monitoring in case of problems.

(Yes, I know, cooked CPU due to fan failure. But then I expect that the CPU
will shut itself down anyway without help from the BIOS before there's too
much of a problem.)

--
| Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds ,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/ & http://tartarus.org/ds/

We are the knights who say "Ni!"