From: jason.xiros on

I know I have seen dashes and underscores in domain names, but have
never seen one with an apostrophe - is it possible?

Many thanks,

Jason

From: Don McKenzie on
jason.xiros(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I know I have seen dashes and underscores in domain names, but have
> never seen one with an apostrophe - is it possible?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Jason

No, try and register a test site with it in.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
From: budgie on
On 17 Feb 2007 21:46:48 -0800, jason.xiros(a)gmail.com wrote:

>I know I have seen dashes and underscores in domain names, but have
>never seen one with an apostrophe - is it possible?

Seeing you are asking in an aus.* newsgroup, I'll assume you are asking in
relation to Autstralia. Australian domain names are governed by auDA
(www.auda.org.au).

The short answer is "no". See rule 3B in Schedule A at
http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2002-07/
From: steam3801 on
On 17 Feb 2007 21:46:48 -0800, jason.xiros(a)gmail.com - in a blinding
flash of brilliance - wrote:

>I know I have seen dashes and underscores in domain names, but have
>never seen one with an apostrophe - is it possible?

Why would you want to - there's so much potential for error when
typing in the URL (apostrophe left out, misplaced, wrong symbol, etc
etc).

The simpler the URL the better.
--
steam3801
God hates homos .... but he likes tabouli.
From: David Fairbrother on
jason.xiros(a)gmail.com wrote:
> I know I have seen dashes and underscores in domain names, but have
> never seen one with an apostrophe - is it possible?

Pretty useless. Your users wouldn't even remember it.

If you wanted to sell it it would be worth barely 5 cents.
Even if you could register it. :P

Pages: 1
Prev: Drive problem
Next: Pinouts for USB removable HDD