From: Daniel A. Galant on
I seriously don't think you understand at all what I have been saying. I
never said that splitting out the front end of your Access database and
publishing it via Access services on SharePoint was impossible. it certainly
can be done using Access 2010 and SharePoint 2010. So you misinterpreted
something somewhere in that regard. Secondly,

> I didn't say you called him a liar. I said you have contradicted his
> assertions, and that you're either saying that he's mistaken (i.e.,
> a liar) or you are yourself mistaken.

You certainly did. This is where you began...

"You're basically calling Albert a liar. I don't know who the hell
you are are, but I know Albert, and I believe him and not you."

Also, in that very same post you responded to my comment,

> You can't use VBA when creating an Access database that you are
> going to push up to SharePoint. VBA, Action Queries and
> traditional Access macros are not supported by Access Services.

by saying,

>Not for web publication, but for distribution, it's still possible.
>Albert makes this distinction explicitly in his discussions about
>web vs. client forms.

Which was all well and good and made the distinction I was unaware of. Had
you been civil about it and stopped there without adding your attack on me,
I have a feeling this would have been avoided. What you said at that point
was fine. it was my understanding that when publishing to SharePoint, the
compatibility checker looks for these things and reports them as illegal
content. As I also mentioned, I have not played with this, and if I was
wrong about that cool. I was referring to what you call web publication, and
YOU even agreed with me on that point.

So maybe we can let this drop as I have a feeling we are the only ones even
looking at this anymore.

--
Daniel A. Galant

Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine.

From: David W. Fenton on

> Had
> you been civil about it and stopped there without adding your
> attack on me, I have a feeling this would have been avoided.

In other words, you're one of those sensitive types who gets
offended easily.

Duly noted.

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Daniel A. Galant on
Yeah, and I also have to have the last word.

From: Keith Wilby on
"Daniel A. Galant" <daniel.galant(a)mindsharp.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, and I also have to have the last word.

Daniel,

Don't beat yourself up about David's lack of courtesy and manners when he
responds to a posting he doesn't like. It is his failing, not yours.

Regards,
Keith.