From: herman the german on
hello,

i just set up the portal for the first time. i created some areas and
subareas. now i'd also like to add some teamsites. i'm obviously not
understanding the concept of organising these teamsites within the
portal.

since i deleted all the defualt content from the portal i can't find
the navigation to the teamsite. i guess every top level teamsite used
to be listed under 'sites' in the top navigation? is this correct?
how do i create this menuitem?

thx in advance

From: Hollis Paul [MVP - Outlook] on
In article <1156767483.447966.308950(a)p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
Herman the german wrote:
> since i deleted all the defualt content from the portal i can't find
> the navigation to the teamsite. i guess every top level teamsite used
> to be listed under 'sites' in the top navigation? is this correct?
> how do i create this menuitem?

I'm not sure what you have done, but you could try going to
http://xxxx/_layouts/1033/SPEditCategory.aspx?RetToCat=1&CatID=ca1f743c
-df88-4f9c-a82e-564bc54aa3ac

Replace xxxx with your hostheader for your portal. This should allow
you to put some content back into the home page.

Alternatively, you could wipe the portal and recreate a new one, and
don't be so hasty about deleting everything.

Go to http://xxxx/SiteDirectory/Lists/Sites/Summary.aspx to get the
page that creates sites. Or try:

http://xxxx/_layouts/1033/scsignup.aspx?ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fminotaur
%2fSiteDirectory%2fLists%2fSites%2fNewForm.aspx&Data=Sites&PortalName=D
ark+Corner&PortalUrl=%2f

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA