From: Dorothy on
I have setup the following on my IIS server on Windows 2000 Server (all the
SP and updates/fixes etc.):

1) Directory for sharing files for Webdav (for now this server is not
exposed to the web for testing and troubleshooting),
2) In IIS 6.x I've setup a virtual dir called (interestingly enuff): webdav.
Iusr_MachineName has rwx as does a specific account.

I can use IE and FireFox to successfully connect to this Virtual Dir:
http://172.16.1.250/webdav, this works fine.

On my Windows XP machine, I've done the following:

1) Control Panel -> Service -> Webclient : STARTED / AUTO,
2) In IE I can connect to the webdav folder http://172.16.1.250/webdav just
fine,
3) When I try to connect using the Add Network Place, I use the correct URL
as above. It barks at me saying that folder does not appear to be valid...

I've gone through about 20 sites on the web including this one:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/3cbec1c7-e3ed-43d3-86e8-ce94e4375e70.mspx?mfr=true
and just can't connect.

What am I missing/doing wrong?

Thanks