From: Jim S on
I wish to use a template to send as a receipt with Outlook 2007.
I have, I think, gone through the correct procedure.

I created a new email with subject and message - I saved it to
"C:\users\me\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates\auto-receipt
files\myfile.oft

I then created a rule to send this file when ever I got a mail from Fred
Bloggs

Either nothing happens, or I get an error message saying something like
'cannot reply'.

Help.

(I asked this question on outlook.general, but their solutions got me to
this point - forgive me if it was you :o?)
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
From: Jim S on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:32:37 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:18:43 +0100, Jim S <jim(a)jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I wish to use a template to send as a receipt with Outlook 2007.
>>I have, I think, gone through the correct procedure.
>>
>>I created a new email with subject and message - I saved it to
>>"C:\users\me\appdata\roaming\microsoft\templates\auto-receipt
>>files\myfile.oft
>>
>>I then created a rule to send this file when ever I got a mail from Fred
>>Bloggs
>>
>>Either nothing happens, or I get an error message saying something like
>>'cannot reply'.
>>
>>Help.
>>
>>(I asked this question on outlook.general, but their solutions got me to
>>this point - forgive me if it was you :o?)
>
> Why not then follow up on that existing thread?

I did everything I was told and it didn't work so I came here for a
different solution from different people.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK