From: nomail on

trying to submit a domain name query to
http://www.uwhois.com/
but no response.

Can someone please check on the site?

Pete

From: annily on
Dyna Soar wrote:
> nomail(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> trying to submit a domain name query to
>> http://www.uwhois.com/
>> but no response.
>
>> Can someone please check on the site?
>
> Loads OK from Perth cable

Home page loads OK, but entering a query gets nowhere ("waiting for
...."). That's with Firefox. Probable conclusion: site stuffed.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: John Tserkezis on
On 20/02/2010 10:12 PM, annily wrote:

> Home page loads OK, but entering a query gets nowhere ("waiting for
> ..."). That's with Firefox. Probable conclusion: site stuffed.

Same here.

No problem though, plenty of other sites around that DO work.
From: Hugh Jeego on

"John Tserkezis" <jt(a)techniciansyndrome.org.invalid> wrote in message
> On 20/02/2010 10:12 PM, annily wrote:
>
>> Home page loads OK, but entering a query gets nowhere ("waiting for
>> ..."). That's with Firefox. Probable conclusion: site stuffed.
>
> Same here.
>
> No problem though, plenty of other sites around that DO work.

What amuses me is that you go click on a link from a newsgroup just like
that.....

From: Rod Speed on
Hugh Jeego wrote
> John Tserkezis <jt(a)techniciansyndrome.org.invalid> wrote
>> annily wrote

>>> Home page loads OK, but entering a query gets nowhere ("waiting for ..."). That's with Firefox. Probable conclusion:
>>> site stuffed.

>> Same here.

>> No problem though, plenty of other sites around that DO work.

> What amuses me is that you go click on a link from a newsgroup just like that.....

No risk if you have your system setup properly.