From: Dee Earley on
On 11/03/2010 15:32, Earl Partridge wrote:
> Before getting deeper, let me add this info...
> The error has no number... It states: 'c:\foldername\dbgrid32.ocx' could
> not be loaded... Continue loading project?
>
> I respond Yes to continue, and things work as expected.
> I'm on Windows 7 - 64bit running a newly installed VB6, and the project
> is from a VB4 (Windows XP) machine.
>
> The folder name specifies a folder which contains a text file of names and
> dates (a birthday listing), name separated from date with a comma, dates
> use a forward slash to separate month/day/year.
> And everything seems to work, the name and date are displayed properly
> when the file is read.
>
> I'm just a hobby-type Basic type guy, just tinkering with some older
> programs
> to make some minor changes. I guess if I could just bypass that error
> response,
> I'd be happy.

You are bypassing it when you press yes.
The problem is that your app uses it so you either need to replace it
with a newer equivalent or get the old file for it to use.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Paul Clement on
On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:32:46 -0500, "Earl Partridge" <earlp(a)pearnet.com> wrote:

� Before getting deeper, let me add this info...
� The error has no number... It states: 'c:\foldername\dbgrid32.ocx' could
� not be loaded... Continue loading project?

� I respond Yes to continue, and things work as expected.
� I'm on Windows 7 - 64bit running a newly installed VB6, and the project
� is from a VB4 (Windows XP) machine.

If your app is functioning properly and you're not using dbgrid32.ocx then I would remove it from
your project (Project...Components...uncheck Microsoft Data Bound Grid Control 5.0).

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Earl Partridge on
That error box seems to have been resolved with the following steps.
In the Form_Load I was setting a variable "StartDay = day(now)". This
was repeated in a Timer routine. I remarked out the variable
setting in the Form_Load and that error no longer pops up.

Thanks for all the help. It's been quite a while since I've tinkered with
this stuff, so if you'll bear with me for another question or two...

When first opening VB6 a new Form1 opens. When I either cancel that
or Open an existing project, I'm asked if I want to save that blank new
form.
I'd prefer the opening to give me an option of opening a recently used
project. I'll be searching, but thought your answers might be quicker.

Earl

From: Nobody on
"Earl Partridge" <earlp(a)pearnet.com> wrote in message
> I'd prefer the opening to give me an option of opening a recently used
> project. I'll be searching, but thought your answers might be quicker.

When you first start VB6, you are probably clicking "Open" on the first
dialog. Instead, click the "Recent" tab.

Also, VB6 by default shows you its own EXE folder when you try to save new
projects. To make it default to another location, copy the shortcut to your
desktop, and change "Start in" to a folder where you want VB6 to show you by
default, such as "C:\VB".

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Earl Partridge wrote:
> When first opening VB6 a new Form1 opens. When I either cancel that
> or Open an existing project, I'm asked if I want to save that blank new form.
> I'd prefer the opening to give me an option of opening a recently used
> project.

From the menu: Tools - Options - Environment

Should be obvious at that point.

--