From: Earl Partridge on
I just purchased VB6 upgrade. It was one CD for VB and about 7 CDs plus
startup manuals for Visual Studio. Is this what I was supposed to get?
I just opened the box so my questions might be answered as I get
further into it.
Earl

From: ralph on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:20:08 -0500, "Earl Partridge"
<earlp(a)pearnet.com> wrote:

>I just purchased VB6 upgrade. It was one CD for VB and about 7 CDs plus
>startup manuals for Visual Studio. Is this what I was supposed to get?
>I just opened the box so my questions might be answered as I get
>further into it.
>Earl

Seven sounds about right for the full Visual Studio Enterprise edition
(VB, VC++, and J++).

If so install it all. VC++ includes some additional utilities you may
want to play with later on to supplement your VB development. The J++
stuff you can ignore, but doesn't take up much space.

And yes, it will all come clear as you go along.

Also don't forget SP6.

-ralph
From: Earl Partridge on
I'm not really into or interested, at least yet, in Visual Studio. I
started Setup
from the VB CD and it wanted to install VS. I aborted the installation
until
I can determine for sure I have VB6.
Earl

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Earl Partridge wrote:
> I'm not really into or interested, at least yet, in Visual Studio. I started
> Setup
> from the VB CD and it wanted to install VS. I aborted the installation until
> I can determine for sure I have VB6.

VB6 is one of the optional components of VS6. Start the install,
uncheck the components you don't want.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Earl Partridge on
OK, done that, VB6 installed, but maybe not completely. Trying to run one
of my projects from VB4, it can not find file dbgrid32.ocx. I did get a
response
while installing that it could not register
msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/register/vb6.asp.
And, clicking Help, does not open help files. It appears the msdn are the
help files
and I have not been able to find them. Where are they?
Earl