From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <B10E22EF-95FF-45B1-B3AD-986BCE023816(a)microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> Thanks, Yes right now we use those registry keys for automatically load the
> addin, but here is the problem:
> We have both office 2003 and office 2007 installed for all the users, and
> this addin has a 2003 version ( with 03 style toolbar) and 07 version with
> XML base ribbon( so there are separate files ppa and ppam ). We don't have
> problem for 03 it still shows one toolbar, but in 07 when users open PP there
> is one tab ( XML bases 07 style witth all the functions ) and one additional
> tab Addins ( as default behavior of 07 which loads all old style toolbars
> in addins tab) , it seems pp07 when finds an addin loaded in 03 automatically
> assums it must be loaded in 07 as well and because 03 version of addins use
> old style toolbars it creates Addins tab and loads them in that tab.
> I'm not sure there is a soultion for this or not?

Ah right, 2007 may be reading the reg keys for previous versions.

So maybe your PPA should look around like so:

If Val(Application.Version) < 12 Then
' Make toolbars
Else
' do nothing, because you know the PPAM is going to
' be there to do the job in XML
End if

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Edward on
Awesome Idea ! very clever suggestion. Steve I must say you are not only an
absolute expert in PP VBA , but also you are a very smart guy.
I was thinking to write some code to remove toolbars in 07 AfterOpen ()
event , because it didn't work in Auto_Open() , but your solution must
definitely work.
Thanks so much.
--
Best regards,
Edward

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <0DF93E4A-95A8-45FF-8135-10DE9617990B(a)microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> Awesome Idea ! very clever suggestion. Steve I must say you are not only an
> absolute expert in PP VBA , but also you are a very smart guy.

Thanks!

More likely, I've just been at it longer and have had time to try all of the
bad ideas first. What's left over works fairly well.

At least I HOPE I've used up all of the really bad ones. ;-)

> I was thinking to write some code to remove toolbars in 07 AfterOpen ()
> event , because it didn't work in Auto_Open() , but your solution must
> definitely work.
> Thanks so much.

You're very welcome, Edward.