From: Edward on
Does PP have startup file something like normal.dot in word?
I have written an addin that is loaded by a automatic IT procdure , but I
want to use VBA Addin.add function for doing it , but I added that code in
Auto_Open () of the addin itself ! ( I think you can see the delema here ) if
adin is not loaded before this Auto_Open won't work . I would be nice if I
find that startup file for PP and add this line of code in it's Auto_Open(0
so everytime pp opens this code makes sure that specific addin is loaded.
Any suggestions?
I hope I was clear in my explanation
--
Best regards,
Edward
From: David Marcovitz on
On 2/12/10 4:53 PM, Edward wrote:
> Does PP have startup file something like normal.dot in word?
> I have written an addin that is loaded by a automatic IT procdure , but I
> want to use VBA Addin.add function for doing it , but I added that code in
> Auto_Open () of the addin itself ! ( I think you can see the delema here ) if
> adin is not loaded before this Auto_Open won't work . I would be nice if I
> find that startup file for PP and add this line of code in it's Auto_Open(0
> so everytime pp opens this code makes sure that specific addin is loaded.
> Any suggestions?
> I hope I was clear in my explanation

In this respect, PPT does not work like Word. The add-in would have to
be installed on every computer that you wanted it to work on.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <C856833A-DD97-45A3-AFA8-9652435C6B8F(a)microsoft.com>, Edward wrote:
> Does PP have startup file something like normal.dot in word?

No, it doesn't.

> I have written an addin that is loaded by a automatic IT procdure , but I
> want to use VBA Addin.add function for doing it , but I added that code in
> Auto_Open () of the addin itself ! ( I think you can see the delema here ) if
> adin is not loaded before this Auto_Open won't work . I would be nice if I
> find that startup file for PP and add this line of code in it's Auto_Open(0
> so everytime pp opens this code makes sure that specific addin is loaded.

If you load the add-in manually once, it'll load itself automatically from then
on.

Or you can set a few registry entries to make it load automatically w/o the user
having to load it manually.

For example, for Office 2003 (11):

Create:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\AddIns\addin-name]

and under it:

A string: Path
Value is the path to the addin file

A DWORD: AutoLoad
Value = 00000001

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Edward on
Thanks, Yes right now we use those registry keys for automatically load the
addin, but here is the problem:
We have both office 2003 and office 2007 installed for all the users, and
this addin has a 2003 version ( with 03 style toolbar) and 07 version with
XML base ribbon( so there are separate files ppa and ppam ). We don't have
problem for 03 it still shows one toolbar, but in 07 when users open PP there
is one tab ( XML bases 07 style witth all the functions ) and one additional
tab Addins ( as default behavior of 07 which loads all old style toolbars
in addins tab) , it seems pp07 when finds an addin loaded in 03 automatically
assums it must be loaded in 07 as well and because 03 version of addins use
old style toolbars it creates Addins tab and loads them in that tab.
I'm not sure there is a soultion for this or not?
--
Best regards,
Edward

From: Steve Rindsberg on