From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <ejXnPpa1KHA.4560(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Reversed wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> I have had the same issue with PP2007 since it came out. Manipulating
> shapes takes longer and longer each time code runs UNLESS you manipulate
> something manually on the presentation/slide. This can simply be typing
> one character into the Notes Pane. If that miraculously speeds up your
> code, then you've the same issue I have. It is also in PP2010 and I've
> 'sent a frown' to Microsoft, and posted here...
>
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/powerpoint/thread/5761df91-64a2
-49e1-9d4c-1dcafaee9c83

> ....but with no luck so far.

I don't know if I asked you this the last time you posted, but is there any chance
you're in a corporate setting where there are keystroke/activity loggers installed?

We ran into this with one of our customers. Stuff that should have taken seconds
or minutes was taking literally hours on their PC. Turns out IT had installed some
kind of tracking software. Attempting to measure user productivity killed the
patient!

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: EricG on
I finally found this post again! It's so hard to find them after while.

Thanks for your response. I used your code snippet to duplicate exactly
what I'm seeing, and to duplicate your thought that going back to the
PowerPoint application and doing something manually "resets" the problem. I
wish I could find a VBA solution, though, because it slows down my utilities
to an unacceptable level.

Thanks,

Eric