From: Charles Belov on
I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
PDF conversion.

I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
does not include any of the following:

- text added on a blank slide layout
- text in a text box
- tables.
- images.

Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
tables?

Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster
www.sfmta.com/webmaster

From: David Marcovitz on
On 3/30/10 2:41 PM, Charles Belov wrote:
> I'd like to create a VBA macro to extract all content from a Windows
> PowerPoint 2003 document and place it in a Word 2003 document, as Word to
> PDF conversion seems to provide better-quality tagging than a PowerPoint to
> PDF conversion.
>
> I know I can save the outline as RTF and open that in Word, but the outline
> does not include any of the following:
>
> - text added on a blank slide layout
> - text in a text box
> - tables.
> - images.
>
> Is there any way to copy all content from a PowerPoint presentation to a
> Word document, such that all text remains text and all tables remain as
> tables?
>
> Charles Belov
> SFMTA Webmaster
> www.sfmta.com/webmaster

I don't generally work with VBA between PowerPoint and Word, but I think
what you want to do is possible. I could imagine cycling through each
shape in each slide of a PowerPoint file and copying and pasting that
into a Word document. Basically, I'm saying that I'm fairly sure that it
is possible, but I can't give you specifics about how to do it.
--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/