From: sbt on
In article
<howard-0E0EBC.16524330072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>, Howard
S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:

> In article
> <howard-727F99.16193330072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>,
> Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:
>
> > I just dug this out and loaded it into my Quadra 630. Unfortunately,
> > the CD-ROM doesn't have registration information. I've posted a request
> > at Avid's forums. Meanwhile, does anyone know where they kept the
> > registration info? Since it's not on the CD-ROM, it must've been
> > somewhere else. I don't know what I'm looking for. I haven't yet found
> > the manual, in case it's on there.
>
> Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for an interface from a
> VCR to a current Mac?

With current Macs, I just use an EyeTV unit to transfer videotapes and
laserdiscs.

--
Spenser
From: Howard S Shubs on
In article <300720101811386332%dogbreath(a)chaseabone.com.invalid>,
sbt <dogbreath(a)chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:

> With current Macs, I just use an EyeTV unit to transfer videotapes and
> laserdiscs.

That's what I plan on doing, yes. Then I can get rid of both.

--
May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
From: Warren Oates on
In article <howard-ED22C5.22232730072010(a)news.newsguy.com>,
Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:

> That's what I plan on doing, yes. Then I can get rid of both.

When I need to capture a tape from VCR, I take the video out to my old
digital 8 Sony camcorder, and firewire in to the Mac, straight pass
through as DV to Quick Time Pro (or FCP, of course, and possibly iMovie).
--
Very old woody beets will never cook tender.
-- Fannie Farmer