From: Howard S Shubs on
In article
<howard-727F99.16193330072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>,
Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:

> I just dug this out and loaded it into my Quadra 630. Unfortunately,
> the CD-ROM doesn't have registration information. I've posted a request
> at Avid's forums. Meanwhile, does anyone know where they kept the
> registration info? Since it's not on the CD-ROM, it must've been
> somewhere else. I don't know what I'm looking for. I haven't yet found
> the manual, in case it's on there.

Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for an interface from a
VCR to a current Mac?

--
May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
From: Gerry on
In article
<howard-0E0EBC.16524330072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>,
Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:

> In article
> <howard-727F99.16193330072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>,
> Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:
>
> > I just dug this out and loaded it into my Quadra 630. Unfortunately,
> > the CD-ROM doesn't have registration information. I've posted a request
> > at Avid's forums. Meanwhile, does anyone know where they kept the
> > registration info? Since it's not on the CD-ROM, it must've been
> > somewhere else. I don't know what I'm looking for. I haven't yet found
> > the manual, in case it's on there.
>
> Alternatively, does anyone have a recommendation for an interface from a
> VCR to a current Mac?

I have used eyeTV from <www.elgato.com>, you can record the VCR program
to your hard disk then edit out any unwanted portions, and it can then
be exported in a variety of formats or burned to DVD using Toast.
From: Howard S Shubs on
In article <everyday-E4D1FE.14273630072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> I have used eyeTV from <www.elgato.com>, you can record the VCR program
> to your hard disk then edit out any unwanted portions, and it can then
> be exported in a variety of formats or burned to DVD using Toast.

That sounds like what I'm looking for. <looks on NewEgg> Ah, there's
two. One's a HD DVR, no... the TV Tuner one for $110? This allows you
to record?

From: Gerry on
In article
<howard-AB59E7.17483230072010(a)unknown-98-136-209-74.yahoo.com>,
Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:

> In article <everyday-E4D1FE.14273630072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
> Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
>
> > I have used eyeTV from <www.elgato.com>, you can record the VCR program
> > to your hard disk then edit out any unwanted portions, and it can then
> > be exported in a variety of formats or burned to DVD using Toast.
>
> That sounds like what I'm looking for. <looks on NewEgg> Ah, there's
> two. One's a HD DVR, no... the TV Tuner one for $110? This allows you
> to record?

Best to go to the elgato site where if you go the center bottom of their
home page you will be able to review all of their (more than two)
options, the Elgato Video Capture may be just what you need. I've used
one of their older products, no longer listed, the 250 Plus, which
allows you to record over-the-air digital signals, as well as Cable or
Satellite feeds, as well as any signal from a VCR or other video player.
From: Howard S Shubs on
In article <everyday-D28263.15064430072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> Best to go to the elgato site where if you go the center bottom of their
> home page you will be able to review all of their (more than two)
> options, the Elgato Video Capture may be just what you need. I've used
> one of their older products, no longer listed, the 250 Plus, which
> allows you to record over-the-air digital signals, as well as Cable or
> Satellite feeds, as well as any signal from a VCR or other video player.

Yes, this looks better, the EyeTV Hybrid. I also noticed some used
EyeTV equipment on eBay. Thanks!