From: Carlos Rocha on
Did you call super:Init(oOwner) inside
StandardShellWindow_ML:Init(oOwner) ? Sometimes I forget this :D

--
Carlos Rocha
From: Frank Leverenz on
Hi Carlos,

there is the SUPER:Init()-Call.
If I've forgotten this, the app won't work, if I start the app from
the IDE.
But by starting it from IDE, all works fine. The problem only happend,
if I generate an exe file and start this.

Frank
From: Frank Leverenz on
Hi Geoff,

now I found something:

I have a few self-programmed VO 2.8 dll's (all generated with build
2836):

dependencies:

Sysfunc.dll
Modul_Shell.dll -> Sysfunc.dll
Modul_Data.dll -> Sysfunc.dll
Application.exe -> Sysfunc.dll, Modul_Shell.dll, Modul_Data.dll

-> If I generate the dll's and start the App from IDE, all works fine
-> If I generate the exe and start the exe, the programm crashes in
some points (like access to ShellWindow:canvasarea)

And now:
If I don't use dll files and set the properties to 'library' (instead
of 'DLL or ActiveX') and build a big exe file, it works!

With VO 2.7 the dll files were no problem.
Any Idea?

Frank
From: Karl Faller on
Frank,
do you have NOW a 2.7 which works on this machine? If not, i'd suspect
the change re the search priorities MS introduced some time ago. Keap
in mind that the working dir from IDE and your exe usually is NOT the
same, so your dlls' won't be found. If you have "only exe", there's no
need for path searching...

Karl

From: Frank Leverenz on
Hi Karl,

Yes, the actual system is compiled with VO 2.7b and works fine on over
200 workstations (and on my PC and my laptop).

I try to update the whole app (32 dll and 2 exe, don't know how many
of thousands of codelines) to VO 2.8 and 'til now it only works from
IDE (and if I start the app from IDE, it uses the dll too) or if I
built a big EXE file without dll)

Frank