From: Frank Leverenz on
Hi,

System: VO 2.8 sp2a (2832)

Code:
[code]
LOCAL oCanvasArea AS BoundingBox
oCanvasArea := oShell:CanvasArea // oShell inherit
ShellWindow
[/code]

if I start the program from the IDE, all works fine.
if I generate the EXE, the program stops in this line. No error
message and no VoError.log is generated

Any idea?

Ciao
Frank
From: Urs Eggmann on
Hallo Frank,

Could not see that problem in VO 2.8 SP1 and SP3 (dont have SP2a)
The program does not stop at the mentioned line. Tested it with several
apps.

But I found another funny behaviour: When I try to check the values of
oCanvasArea with ? or QOUT() I can see the values in the IDE but not in the
compiled exe.
????

regards
Urs

From: Frank Leverenz on
> Could not see that problem in VO 2.8 SP1 and SP3 (dont have SP2a)

The CD directory of my (official bought at DCSOFT) VO 2.8 is named
"sp3", after installing this the build is 2832
I saw some people are using build 2837, where can I download this
patch?

> But I found another funny behaviour: When I try to check the values of
> oCanvasArea with ? or QOUT() I can see the values in the IDE but not in the
> compiled exe.
> ????

Maybe this is why my code works in IDE, but not in EXE
From: Geoff Schaller on
Frank,

You aren't showing us enough code. There is no way we can speculate on
such a tiny fragment. Also, what fault finding have you done? What is
the value of oShell prior to this line, what is its data type (class)
and does that class have a CanvasArea. You see? Lots of questions.

Geoff

From: Frank Leverenz on
Hi Geoff,

CLASS StandardShellWindow_ML INHERIT ShellWindow

METHOD AppStart() CLASS MicoApp
LOCAL oWindow AS StandardShellWindow_ML
Enable3dControls()
oWindow := StandardShellWindow_ML{SELF}
oWindow:show(SHOWZOOMED)
oWindow:InitBigButtons(TRUE)
SELF:Exec(EXECNORMAL)
RETURN SELF

METHOD InitBigButtons(lForceCreate) CLASS StandardShellWindow_ML
LOCAL oCanvasArea AS BoundingBox
oCanvasArea := SELF:CanvasArea // exe->crash
RETURN SELF

If I start from IDE, all works fine.
If I build the exe start the exe, the program crashed in this line
without any errormessage or VOERROR.LOG.

What I've done:
I've rebuildet all code with VO 2.8 build 2836 with debug enabled.
I've copied all my DLL and the EXE to c:\programs\CAVO28\bin and start
the exe from this dir
The exe also crashes, if i test like: cType :=
valtype(SELF:CanvasArea)

Any idea?

FRank