From: Ginny Caughey on
Hi Barbara,

Our clients that are still on DBF generally prefer Crystal Reports.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Barbara on
Ginny,

> Hi Barbara,
>
> Our clients that are still on DBF generally prefer Crystal Reports.

The manager on this project wants to write the reports and the only
product they know is R&R. Since the users do not write any of the
reports, they have no preference. As long as the reports work, they are
happy.

There is no report that R&R can not handle so I created it in RP.

Just curious, do you use ADS for your DBF clients?

Barbara

From: Ginny Caughey on
No I don't use ADS. I use either DBFCDX or SQL Server. We're trying to get
all our clients migrated to the SQL Server versions of our apps, but as you
may imagine it won't happen overnight, and partly because the DBFCDX
versions generally work ok for the customers who use it. I'm not enhancing
the DBF version though - new stuff is SQL only (and often written in C#
which gives me more options).

For ad-hoc reporting, DBF clients use ReportPro or Crystal, based on which
they prefer. SQL clients use either Crystal or SQL Server Reporting
Services, based on which they prefer. We have stock reports in all 3 formats
for them to choose from as a starting point, and my staff can support all 3.
Internally, the DBF version uses ReportPro for reports that aren't
hard-coded, while the SQL version uses SSRS. We just never had any requests
for R&R - if we had I'm sure we'd support that too. We also never had any
requests for ADS, although pretty much 100% or the RFPs we see these days
specify SQL Server. We aren't seeing any requests at all for DBF for new
customers and haven't for years.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com