From: Robert van der Hulst on
Hi Barbara,
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010, at 16:51:17 [GMT +0000] (which was 18:51 where I live)
you wrote about: 'VO DBFCDX eror'

> I have a client that has been experiencing some network issues this
> week. Now he is seeing several Subcode: 1101, GenCode: 21 errors while
> the system is trying to open a dbf.

> I have been unable to find the exact definition of the two OsCodes they
> are are seeing. The OsCodes are 1265 and a 1450. Do these numbers mean
> anything to someone?

from : http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/system_error_codes_1200_1299.06.htm

Error Code 1265

System error code 1265 means "The system detected a possible attempt to
compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that
authenticated you." This error code may also display as
"ERROR_DOWNGRADE_DETECTED" or as the value 0x4F1.

from: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/system_error_codes_1400_1499.05.htm

Error Code 1450

System error code 1450 means "Insufficient system resources exist to complete
the requested service." This error code may also display as
"ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES" or as the value 0x5AA.

--
Robert van der Hulst
AKA Mr. Data

From: Michael on
Barbara,

>> trying to open a dbf
>> --> subcode: 1101, GenCode: 21

might be caused by anti-virus software - probably it has been updated.

--> stop anti-virus service and then try again.
If there will be no error-message, then change configuration:
- Do not scan network-drives
- Do not scan .dbf, .fpt, .cdx

HTH

Michael

From: Barbara on
Michael,

I know some AV software has caused issues in the past, but not like
this. They have experienced some very odd slow downs and issues
printing. Based on the information provided by Robert I was able to
confirm they are having a Network issue with Active Directory.

Barbara