From: Barbara on
I have a client that has been experiencing some network issues this
week. Now he is seeing several Subcode: 1101, GenCode: 21 errors while
the system is trying to open a dbf.

I have been unable to find the exact definition of the two OsCodes they
are are seeing. The OsCodes are 1265 and a 1450. Do these numbers mean
anything to someone?

Thanks,

Barbara

From: Stephen Quinn on
Barbara

>I have a client that has been experiencing some network issues this week.
>Now he is seeing several Subcode: 1101, GenCode: 21 errors while the
>system is trying to open a dbf.

IIRC 1100 errors were to do with indices.

You might check to see if the user has rights to create/open (temp) indices
over the network.

You might check the CLIPPER and/or COMIX Norton Guides for the ERROR codes
and their meanings.

HTh
Steve

From: Barbara on
Steve,

Yes, the client has full access to create and maintain the cdx files.
Otherwise, nothing would ever work for them.

It is a VO App. I did look at the Comix Norton Guide I found on line and
did not see any error messages. I will try to check again.

Barbara

From: Stephen Quinn on
Barbara

> It is a VO App. I did look at the Comix Norton Guide I found on line and
> did not see any error messages. I will try to check again.

Just had a nasty thought that they're in the book but not the ng.

Some of the ERROR numbers (2-3) are different in COMIX, but they have the
same descriptions as the Clipper ones.
You need to read both side by side (I did have them written down but don't
have access to the Clipper/COMIX books I made the notes in)

Examples (not accurate by any means) -
COMIX 1100 = CLIPPER 1100
COMIX 83 = CLIPPER 1102

CYA
Steve

From: Barbara on
Stephen,

It is not the 1100 that I am worried about as I do know this indicates a
DBFCDX issue.

It is OsCodes 1265 and 1450 that I want to figure out.

Barbara