From: RB on
Is there any software available that virtualizes on kernel level (no guest
only the one and only host OS) so as to run the same kernel but have a
sort of virtual accounts or virtual setups keep separate virtual registries?
(which otherwise user accts would suffice)

From: Robert Comer on
That's call application virtualization, and yes, it exists.

http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/appv/techoverview.mspx

--
Bob Comer

From: RB on

Well, I went to the link and read the material. It does sound like what I'm looking
for. But I could not find the real stuff, like where to buy, and how much does it
cost, and what are system requirements.
With my luck this package cost more than I have available. I tend to think if
it was affordable I would have heard more about it by now.

From: Robert Comer on
It's enterprise class software.

I haven't really seen anything in the pure desktop space for it, VPC and
other virtualization solutions are better for that.