From: David Lowndes on
>I have one program I'll have to leave on 2008 since it needs to be as small
>as possible. In VC6 it was around 300K, in 2008 it was around 500K and with
>2010 it is 2568K. Same code just compile three ways and nothing but basic
>controls used (no feature pack stuff).

Tom,

While it's not a bug as such, I'd submit a bug report for it on the
connect site.

Many moons ago MS put some effort into making the VC/MFC libraries
more modular so that only the required bits were pulled in for static
links. It seems like this desirable characteristic has been swept
under the carpet just lately.

Dave
From: Tom Serface on
Of course, could be just something I'm doing wrong as well... that's always
a possibility.

Tom

From: Tom Serface on
Already done. I think it's been a problem for a number of people.
Fortunately, I don't do many programs statically linked. I knew this was a
problem during the beta, but I thought they were going to fix it for the
RTM. Alas.

From: David Lowndes on
>Already done.

Got a link to the bug report?

Dave
From: Tom Serface on
This is what I saw earlier, maybe just feedback rather than a bug?

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/504714/statically-linked-mfc-applications-are-massive?wa=wsignin1.0