From: David Webber on

"Mihai N." <nmihai_year_2000(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> No LoadLibrary does *not* require a DllMain. If you specify /NOENTRY to
>> the linker when
>> you build the DLL, it has no entry point, and no code. This is common
>> for resource-only DLLs.
>
> I know it is true these days.
> But I am pretty sure that at some point (Win 9x?) LoadLibrary failed
> if you did not have a DllMain.
>
> For resource only dlls the option was to have a dummy DllMain returning
> TRUE or to use LoadLibraryEx(DONT_RESOLVE_DLL_REFERENCES)
>
> But since LoadLibraryEx was introduced in Windows 2000, the only way
> to use resource only dlls on Win 9x was to use have a DllMain.

Looking back at a previous version of my software, which will run on Win98,
I see that my "resource-only" DLLs did indeed have a one-line DDLMain. It
seems I only got rid of that in the most recent version of the software
which requires XP or later. So I can't gainsay you on that.

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software