From: desplin on
I have multiple issues with Vanguard Brokerage and quicken downloads.
My advantage account (checking) leaves out most relevant information.
I have to go online and look at each check image to get the
information before I confirm the downloads. As others have noted, the
reinvested dividends in the brokerage account don't download correctly
either. I have talked to Vanguard about both issues, but don't have
confidence that they will move quickly.

From: Andrew on
desplin(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> ... As others have noted, the
> reinvested dividends in the brokerage account don't download correctly
> either. I have talked to Vanguard about both issues, but don't have
> confidence that they will move quickly.

When I last spoke to Vanguard on 23 November, "Lexi" they told me that the
downloaded reinvestment dividends problem will be fixed by year end. That
gives them 2 more days.

I am assuming that any dividend transactions after 1/1/2010 will have both
the dividend received and the subsequent buy operation in the download,
rather than a MISC EXPENSE to get rid of the dividend payment without any
purchases (and an offer by Quicken to accept placeholders).

We'll see.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Andrew on
Andrew wrote:
> desplin(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>> ... As others have noted, the
>> reinvested dividends in the brokerage account don't download
>> correctly either. I have talked to Vanguard about both issues, but
>> don't have confidence that they will move quickly.
>
> When I last spoke to Vanguard on 23 November, "Lexi" they told me
> that the downloaded reinvestment dividends problem will be fixed by
> year end. That gives them 2 more days.
>
> I am assuming that any dividend transactions after 1/1/2010 will have
> both the dividend received and the subsequent buy operation in the
> download, rather than a MISC EXPENSE to get rid of the dividend
> payment without any purchases (and an offer by Quicken to accept
> placeholders).
> We'll see.

Well, they didn't fix it with some dividends that were posted to my Vanguard
account as of 4 Jan 2010. Now have many placeholders pending manual
adjustments. Time to call Vanguard again later this morning.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: desplin on
I have had multiple conversations with Vanguard. Their brokerage
accounts are inferior to any other accounts I've used in the past. To
get any data into Quicken, I have to open the website and use the
transactions there to figure out what actually happened. It is many
times not even clear on the website. I then enter the correct
transaction and delete the downloaded one. It is a mess.

I also have issues with other vanguard brokerage functions--order
status doesn't give any information about previous orders for example,
which makes it impossible to see if they did what I asked, but that is
not quicken related. Vanguard is great for mutual funds, but since I
transferred my brokerage account a few months ago, I'm less than
impressed.

Doug

From: Andrew on
desplin(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> ... but since I
> transferred my brokerage account a few months ago, I'm less than
> impressed. ...

About a year ago, they took over their own clearing functions (I think after
Bernie Madoff, I'm not so thrilled with that since now it's the same
company, but that's another story) from Pershing. Pershing used to have it
correct in that any downloads and subsequent (and immediate) dividend
reinvestments were handled quickly by Q. But that's been 'broken' now since
at least August when I made my first of about four calls to them to find out
when this is going to be fixed.

I didn't get a chance to call them on Tuesday, will try today (Wed).

Regards -

- Andrew