First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Passing uint8 and uint64 values with VBScript?
Hi all, I am writing a WMI script for screen brightness. I have to pass a value oif uint8 and uint64. My script below fails with an invalid parameter error on the last line. What is the proper syntax to pass the uint8 and uint64 values? The API I am calling is this: uint32 WmiSetBrightness( uint8 Brig... 28 Nov 2006 12:42
Replace text in XML file
You seem to get along with an xml Parser, as should. Congratulation. "Highlander" <tron9901(a)msn.com> wrote in message news:1156444945.616083.70970(a)h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... Martin Honnen wrote: Highlander wrote: If you notice I've used the variable strXMLFile for "web1.con... 19 Nov 2006 05:42
Reading Registry Keys and Values?
I'm trying to get the subkeys into an array which is easlily done via. wmi, and then read a "value" under each subkey. Here is what I have, and this works fine as long as I have a "Z" value, but I wanted to get each subkey in the array to read that value. I thought I could do this through the "Path =" but am stuc... 18 Nov 2006 06:58
Exporting an Excel Sheet to Outlook
I am trying to copy a transmittal sheet that I have created in Excel and paste it into a new email message. Basically I am attempting to replicate the automatic function that can be activated by File/Send To/Mail Recipient with VBA Code. I can copy the cells and then launch an new email, but I cannot work out ... 16 Nov 2006 11:21
ActiveX can't create Scripting.FileSystemObject
Just tried to run a simple script I had - the script works, but towards the end I use the Scripting.FileSystemObject to create a text file and write the results to it. I'm getting the following error: Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject' Is this... 17 Nov 2006 21:37
Local to Remote switch for retrieving file ownership in XP
I have an .hta script that works locally, but will not work remotely. I've created the same path as I'm checking locally on a remote server and changed the "." to the name of the remote device. I get error 80041002 on line 32 (the For Each objItem In colItems). I looked up the error and it appears to be a problem... 7 Nov 2006 15:55
active window name?
It's not part of VBScript. See here for a component: http://www.jsware.net/jsware/scripts.php3#jssys There's also a component named "AutoItX" that's popular. both are free. To spy on myself (to help keep time-usage logs) I'd like to write the name of the active window to a logfile every minute or so. ... 25 Oct 2006 20:46
how can get the netbios name of current domain before user logon?
hello, I need a vbs snippet which can get the netbios name of current domain before user logon. the below snippet can't work since user is not logon: Set oWshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network") stDomainName =oWshNetWork.userDomain how to achieve the function by other way ? -- ... 12 Oct 2006 12:53
cmd commands from a vb script
How can i use dos command line commands within a vbs script? Situation. I have a program that allows a command line interface. That allows for reporting and teh execution of commands. I need to be able to read text from a CSV file or tab sepearted file and add that data to a commmand line command to execu... 20 Sep 2006 22:15
disable keyboard and mouse while running script
I know this is possible, but not sure how. I saw something on an exicutible called doblock.exe, not sure where to find it. Any other ideas? ... 1 Sep 2006 23:26
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last