From: Mike Warren on
Zyxak wrote:

>And pretty soon you won't be able to use an old TV without a digital set
>top box so you can plug your HDMI cable into that.

Unfortunately, this is not applicable in my situation. My customers have
large numbers of older TVs installed in many venues, all using composite
inputs.

--
- Mike
From: Rod Speed on
Mike Warren wrote:
> Rod Speed wrote:

>> Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

> One thing I forgot. I can't find any HDMI to S-video converters. That
> would solve my problem, but I guess there's no market for them either.

Yeah, dont recall seeing any.

From: Rod Speed on
Zyxak wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Mike Warren wrote

>>> I notice that getting video cards with S-video or composite TV output is becoming quite difficult. Everything has
>>> HDMI on it instead now.

>> There are still plenty on ebay.

>>> Anyone have any insight into whether this is just a temporary
>>> situation, or s-video on video cards is going for good?

>> Its going for good, essentially because HDMI leaves s-video for dead quality of image wise.

>>> Surely there are still lots of TVs out there with no HDMI inputs.

>> Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

> And pretty soon you won't be able to use an old TV without a digital set top box so you can plug your HDMI cable into
> that.

Plenty of STBs dont have any HDMI input.

From: annily on
Mike Warren wrote:
> I notice that getting video cards with S-video or composite TV output
> is becoming quite difficult. Everything has HDMI on it instead now.
>
> Anyone have any insight into whether this is just a temporary situation,
> or s-video on video cards is going for good?
>
> Surely there are still lots of TVs out there with no HDMI inputs.

I actually bought one recently. I had a Radeon X1300 PRO in my old Dell
system, and wanted S-video output for my new system. I got a Radeon
X1600 XT from mwave.com.au, but they had a bit of trouble finding it. It
was apparently the last one their supplier had.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: Mike Warren on
annily wrote:

>I actually bought one recently.

I can still get them at the moment, but that may not be the case in a
couple of weeks.

--
- Mike
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last