From: Mike Warren on
I notice that getting video cards with S-video or composite TV output
is becoming quite difficult. Everything has HDMI on it instead now.

Anyone have any insight into whether this is just a temporary situation,
or s-video on video cards is going for good?

Surely there are still lots of TVs out there with no HDMI inputs.

--
- Mike
From: Rod Speed on
Mike Warren wrote:

> I notice that getting video cards with S-video or composite TV output
> is becoming quite difficult. Everything has HDMI on it instead now.

There are still plenty on ebay.

> Anyone have any insight into whether this is just a temporary
> situation, or s-video on video cards is going for good?

Its going for good, essentially because HDMI leaves s-video for dead quality of image wise.

> Surely there are still lots of TVs out there with no HDMI inputs.

Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

From: Zyxak on
On 17/12/2009 15:48, Rod Speed uttered the following...
> Mike Warren wrote:
>

>> I notice that getting video cards with S-video or composite TV output
>> is becoming quite difficult. Everything has HDMI on it instead now.
>>
> There are still plenty on ebay.
>

>> Anyone have any insight into whether this is just a temporary
>> situation, or s-video on video cards is going for good?
>>
> Its going for good, essentially because HDMI leaves s-video for dead quality of image wise.
>

>> Surely there are still lots of TVs out there with no HDMI inputs.
>>
> Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

And pretty soon you won't be able to use an old TV without a digital set
top box so you can plug your HDMI cable into that.

=Z=
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

From: Mike Warren on
Rod Speed wrote:

>Its going for good, essentially because HDMI leaves s-video for dead
>quality of image wise.

You have no argument from me there.

>Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

Except /all/ my customers.

I guess I'd better stock up while I can.

Thanks for the reply. It's what I was expecting.

--
- Mike
From: Mike Warren on
Rod Speed wrote:

>Yes, but not that many who bother to drive them from a PC anymore.

One thing I forgot. I can't find any HDMI to S-video converters. That
would solve my problem, but I guess there's no market for them either.

--
- Mike
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3