From: Mint on
I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C:
\system volume information,
but I still cannot view the files.

Is there a way to view them?

Thanks.
From: LD55ZRA on
Mint wrote:

>I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C:
>\system volume information,
>but I still cannot view the files.
>
>Is there a way to view them?
>
>Thanks.

See if this article helps:

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309531>

Let us know if it solved your problem.

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

From: Lem on
Mint wrote:
> I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C:
> \system volume information,
> but I still cannot view the files.
>
> Is there a way to view them?
>
> Thanks.

System Volume Information is "super hidden" for good reason. Mess with
it at your peril.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Mint on
On Apr 16, 9:42 pm, LD55ZRA <LD55...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Mint wrote:
> >I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C:
> >\system volume information,
> >but I still cannot view the files.
>
> >Is there a way to view them?
>
> >Thanks.
>
> See if this article helps:
>
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309531>
>
> Let us know if it solved your problem.

No, the article did not help.

It assumes that you are logged on as an admin.

As a limited user I can view the System Volume Information folder, but
not any other folders underneath it.

I want to be able to view the _restore folders as a LIMITED USER.

I tried sharing the folder, but it doesn't help.

Andy
From: Mint on
On Apr 16, 10:52 pm, Lem <lemp40(a)unknownhost> wrote:
> Mint wrote:
> > I have granted full control to a limited user to view the files in C:
> > \system volume information,
> > but I still cannot view the files.
>
> > Is there a way to view them?
>
> > Thanks.
>
> System Volume Information is "super hidden" for good reason.  Mess with
> it at your peril.
>
> --
> Lem
>
> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html