From: M13 on
Well you'd be wrong, I have the same error code and I've never had Norton on
this machine. Just been using OneCare.

Any other ideas?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
[Out of the frying pan & into the fire.]

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
And, specfically, what is OneCare's track record when it comes to
Windows updates/ malware protection/ system maintenance/ and
compatibility with other software ?
Apparently you missed this:

> I'm not quite clear on what that error code signifies as I've not seen it in my 7-8 years of
> participation in this newsgroup.

How long have you been assisting people in the newsgroup, what does the
8007370B error code signify, and how is it resolved ?

You haven't even bothered posting which OS is installed thus, the only
recourse is to contact MS or provide more details so that someone can
assist you.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
I don't work for Microsoft and am aware of the publically available list
of Vista update error codes -
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/search.aspx?=&qu=%22windows+update+error%22

They are woefully lacking, to put it mildly.
I can only offer quasi-educated guesses when it comes to 8007370B.

> 8007370B ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_NAME
> The name of an attribute in an identity is not within the legal range.

Perhaps there is file corruption in the WinSxS subfolder; perhaps the
identity reference is a Cryptography issue; perhaps NAV caused the
corruption issue in WinSxS but it occurred over a period of time rather
than all at once.
Perhaps Vista is brittle when it comes to swapping out files stored in
WinSxS and self corrupts itself.
One thing I do know ... NAV is not reliable enough to be used in
conjunction with any version of Windows and can/will do more harm than good.

As a first step all I can recommend is to boot to the Windows Repair
Environment or System Repair and see if that can resolve the updating
issue. Then configure NAV *NOT* to scan nor monitor -

WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
WINDOWS\WinSxS

Since I do not run Vista on any of my systems any recommendation I can
give you is second hand knowledge garnered from other MVPs, Vista Users
such as yourself in this newsgroup, articles/blogs by folks who have
resolved updating issues/error codes, and *tiny* drips of info that MS
passes on to MVPs.
Sorry.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

From: eharling on
Mow.

Dont know if this helps but I have the same problem and have one care, not
Norton. I am in discussions (or e-mails ) with M/S and if they come up with
an answer I will post it. None of their answers have yet however, and just to
cap it I now have a visit from MonaRonaDona - Good week hey

Ian