From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on

cf. http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?p=181751#181751
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

From: vista update blues on
thx for the tips, i've opened a dialogue with update tech support andd will
post any solutions that come along so far they've had me stop the update
service WuAuServ and bits, then clear the software distribuiton folder all
with NAV disabled with associated services. still not able to update. waiting
to see what advice comes next from ms.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
> ...all with NAV disabled

1. After making certain you have a copy of your Product Key, uninstall all
Norton software via Add/Remove Programs.

2. Enable the Windows Firewall.

3. Run this removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

4. Reboot and /immediately/ install the 30-day free trial version of, e.g.,
NOD32* or KAV7**

5. Manually update your new anti-virus application then run a full system
scan.

Do your problems persist now?

[Don't forget to subscribe to your new AV app or uninstall it then reinstall
the Norton application before the free-trial period expires! Should you
decide to reinstall the Norton application, I recommend not installing any
Norton Add-ons for a while.]

* www.eset.com/download/index.php
** http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home-users/anti-virus-7/

From: Jakov on
I had the same 8007370b problem for a couple of weeks now and I am also
running OneCare and no other AV software.

Jakov