From: vista update blues vista update on
keep getting error code 8007370B after trying to update windows defender
and/or vista premium. I can find no details on this code. update service is
running. i've tried with norton antivirus running and turned off update still
fails........
From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Go here: Microsoft Malware Protection Center
http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/default.aspx

In the right frame under ' Latest Definition Updates ', click the
appropriate link for the Version of Vista installed and SAVE the
definitions.
Close the browser and any other open programs.
Right click mpas-fe.exe [or, mpas-fex64.exe] and choose 'Run as
administrator', follow any UAC prompts.
Did that get it installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

From: vista update blues on

"vista update blues" wrote:

> keep getting error code 8007370B after trying to update windows defender
> and/or vista premium. I can find no details on this code. update service is
> running. i've tried with norton antivirus running and turned off update still
> fails........

Thx the windows defender update worked fron the security portal site,
however i still get error code 8007370B when i run windows update. o/s is
Vista Ultimate 32 bit...343 always in our heart...............
From: MowGreen [MVP] on
8007370B ERROR_SXS_INVALID_IDENTITY_ATTRIBUTE_NAME
The name of an attribute in an identity is not within the legal range.

I'm not quite clear on what that error code signifies as I've not seen
it in my 7-8 years of participation in this newsgroup.
But, if my intuition is correct, I'd be willing to bet that it has
something to do with Norton AV.
IMHO, Norton AV is not compatible with Windows and has not been since
Version 2.

When you state that you 'turned' NAV off, was it completely and TOTALLY
disabled including all Services of it, too ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

From: vista update blues on
yes i completely stopped nav and all symantec services (update did work with
nav running for the past year, this error message first appeared sunday the
24th. no other new software has been added previously to the error message
thatmicrosoft doesn't seem to recognize either see help dialogue text below

24 results for WindowsUpdate_8007370B WindowsUpdate_dt000
1. 1 Windows Update error 8024402C
2. 2 Windows Update error 800f020b
3. 3 Windows Update error 80070103
4. 4 Troubleshoot problems with installing updates
5. 5 Windows Update error 80070002
6. 6 Windows Update error 80070643
7. 7 Windows Update error 80072ee2
8. 8 Windows Update error 80070003