From: Untit1ed on
Suddenly this error started to show up when I am trying to use windows
update. I didn't install anything before it happened.
I tried to search for it, but solutions to restart service, or

net stop wuauserv
regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
regsvr32.exe wups.dll
regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
regsvr32.exe MSXML3.dll
regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
net start wuauserv

don't solve my problem.

Please help.
From: Shenan Stanley on
Untit1ed wrote:
> Suddenly this error started to show up when I am trying to use
> windows update. I didn't install anything before it happened.
> I tried to search for it, but solutions to restart service, or
>
> net stop wuauserv
> regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
> regsvr32.exe wups.dll
> regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
> regsvr32.exe MSXML3.dll
> regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
> regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
> net start wuauserv
>
> don't solve my problem.

Doubt the 32-bit solution would work.

Download/run this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=f6f353c0-d00e-43e7-97ef-0feefc7ff064

Also...

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

if you wish.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

Reboot.

Try again.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Ǝиçεl on
0x80070424

-2147023836

ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST BITS service is deleted.

80070424 usually means that the BITS service (required by Windows Update) is
not running.

Suggest you run the BITS Repair Tool to see if that helps resolve the issue
after installing the update for it:
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940520>
-=-

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-

From: Untit1ed on
I already tried that tool. It said there is nothing to fix. My service is
running. Even if I go to "Restore Hidden Updates" section I can download
older updates that I canceled before, but it won't install anything because
of that error.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware
infection!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support to deal
with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Otherwise...

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
• http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075

• http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
• http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
• http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
• http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)