From: Kevin on
Is there any way to change the order of the controls on a VO DataWindow
without having to redo the window when using Visual Studio 2008?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

From: Kevin on
To be a bit more specific. This is a Vulcan 161 app.

I have laid out a DataWindow as follows:

Ft Date - dtpPurchaseDate (DateTimePicker)
Ft Station - sleStation (SingleLineEdit)
Ft Litres - sleLitres SingleLineEdit)
Ft Price - slePrice (SingleLineEdit) | Ft sleCost SingleLineEdit) (Read
only and non-tab stop)
Ft Type - cbFuelType (ComboBox) (Drop Down List)
Ft Notes - sleNotes (SingleLineEdit)

The Ft stands for FixedText which exists before each control.

This is the same order as in a VO app and the order is as expected -
that is from top to bottom. However, in the Vulcan app, when the window
opens the tab order is as follows:
sleStation
dtpPurchaseDate
sleNotes
cbFuelType
slePrice
sleLitres

How do I get the controls to work in the correct order? It would be
understandable if they were working in rverse order to the way they were
laid out, but they're not.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

From: Karl Faller on
Kevin,
being not VS savy, but: i thought the layout "direction" is like the
":Add() calls in the forms initialize, but had a look into some sample
code, and rearranged the lines, but no effect. Further, the controls
have a context menu "bring to front / back" - but this seems to be
also not what you want.
BTW, looking for this i found that a Shift F1 on a Method call won't
do anything useful, e.g. open the corresponding help entry - <duh> -
i think i'll stay with Vide ;-)

Sorry to be no more help
Karl

From: Kevin on
Karl,

I think I know what you mean about the ':Add()' and if I understand
correctly what you mean, it would work in say a C# app. The VO
DataWindow designer in VS works in a similar way to the VO one. I did
think of swapping the lines around in the Editor but had a feeling it
probably wouldn't work. Changing the resource file might. If I try that
I'll do it on a test app first.

I had a look at help file but couldn't find anything in it of use in
this situation. I had noticed about the Shift + F1 not working the same
way as in VO. If I find a way of doing it before anyone posts a method
I'll update this thread.

Thanks anyway.

Kevin

From: Chris Pyrgas on

Hi Kevin,

> I think I know what you mean about the ':Add()' and if I understand
> correctly what you mean, it would work in say a C# app. The VO DataWindow
> designer in VS works in a similar way to the VO one. I did think of
> swapping the lines around in the Editor but had a feeling it probably
> wouldn't work. Changing the resource file might. If I try that

Yes, the Tab Order of controls in VO windows depends on the order they
appear in the resource. You can adjust this order visually, same as in VO,
by selecting View|Tab Order, or by clicking on the last button in the VO
Window Editor toolbar.

regards,
Chris