From: DavidNorep on
After using CS4 for a year, since two weeks ago, WHENEVER I exit from
bridge my PC reboots. I tried to reinstall CS4 and deleted all my
preferences but without success.
Please help.
From: Andrew Morton on
DavidNorep wrote:
> After using CS4 for a year, since two weeks ago, WHENEVER I exit from
> bridge my PC reboots. I tried to reinstall CS4 and deleted all my
> preferences but without success.

Reboot as in BSOD or it shuts down in an orderly fashion and then restarts?

For the former, the first suspect is usually the video card drivers. Maybe
Windows Update updated them? Or maybe Adobe Updater updated Bridge?

Andrew

From: DavidNorep on
Thanks for the quick reply.

The screen becomes black and and the computer restarts as if I just
turned it on.

I update Windows regularly, and updated bridge lately but I do not
remember if the problem started after some CS4 update.
From: Andrew Morton on
DavidNorep wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> The screen becomes black and and the computer restarts as if I just
> turned it on.
>
> I update Windows regularly, and updated bridge lately but I do not
> remember if the problem started after some CS4 update.

Is there anything in the event logs suggesting what went wrong?

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer (probably, as you haven't
mentioned which OS yet).

Andrew

From: DavidNorep on
XP pro.

Should I look at Application? There are 2 errors.

1. WinMgmt could not initialize the core parts. This could be due to
a badly installed version of WinMgmt, WinMgmt repository upgrade
failure, insufficient disk space or insufficient memory.

2. The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event
queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus and Firewall.

I have Internet Security 2009 for almost a year, and the problem
started 2 weeks ago.