From: milt on
On 7/4/2010 4:12 AM, Johnno wrote:
> I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate
> one covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go.

alt.windows7.general but you won't find it on this server.
From: milt on
On 7/4/2010 8:02 AM, Peter Foldes wrote:
> Kenny
>
> The al.windows7 newsgroup is a joke and a playground for some people
> using obscenities and foul language when they fight among themselves.

Why, just because its not run by Microsoft? Its a perfectly valid
newsgroup to get help with Windows 7. At least someone is providing
newsgroup help even if Microsoft is abandoning it.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 13:39:12 -0500, milt
<theatreguy_dunspam_(a)miltsweb.com> wrote:

> On 7/4/2010 8:02 AM, Peter Foldes wrote:
> > Kenny
> >
> > The al.windows7 newsgroup is a joke and a playground for some people
> > using obscenities and foul language when they fight among themselves.
> >

> Why, just because its not run by Microsoft?

No, that's not the reason, but what Peter says is largely true.
There's much more garbage there than anything useful.

> Its a perfectly valid
> newsgroup to get help with Windows 7.

True. However the amount of garbage is staggering.

> At least someone is providing
> newsgroup help even if Microsoft is abandoning it.

Also true. But the ratio of help to garbage is very poor.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 13:37:41 -0500, milt
<theatreguy_dunspam_(a)miltsweb.com> wrote:

> On 7/4/2010 4:12 AM, Johnno wrote:
> > I know I am in the wrong newsgroup but I haven't been able to locate
> > one covering Windows 7. Could anyone please tell me where to go.
>
> alt.windows7.general but you won't find it on this server.

Please note that your use of the term "this server" isn't really
correct. What's "this" for you isn't "this" for all of us. For
example, you may be getting this newsgroup from a Microsoft server,
but I no longer am. I switched away from the Microsoft server several
weeks ago.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Antonio Celso on
access the newsgroup alt.windows7.general by the server nntp.aioe.org

"Johnno" <johnno(a)helpwanted> escreveu na not�cia da
mensagem:eBi0Xk1GLHA.552(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...