From: vjp2.at on
I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?

I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
which saves the newer version.

I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.

I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: philo on
vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?
>
> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.

Windows Vista and Win7 have the ability to save previous versions
From: VanguardLH on
vjp2 wrote:

> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.

Already there in Windows Vista, and up. It's a function of the NT Backup
program that was updated to provide a file versioning function.

> I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.

So you are not allowed to reformat any USB-attached mass storage (fixed or
removable) device?

> I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
> and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.

That's been available for a very long time. Configure Windows Explorer to
show hidden files. Then you can select them as you can the other files.
From: Andrew E. on
Getting in touch with microsoft isnt very hard,scroll to the bottom of
this page,locate "contact us"....

"vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com" wrote:

> I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?
>
> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.
>
> I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.
>
> I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
> and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.
>

> - = -
> Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
> http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
> ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---
> [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
> [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
>

> .

Pages: 1
Prev: postmaster@mail.hotmail attack
Next: Blue Screen