From: Colin on

>>> news:8a09eeff-72b9-4f08-ba6a-2d497789c47b@q
>>> 4g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

>>> What does this mean, "Like the rest of them"?
>>>
>>> Apple II and Atari 8-bit alike have some
>>> very nice innovative hardware made for them
>>> since they have acquired the name 'Vintage'.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>>

>> The Apple II would make a very expensive door stop!
>
> "THE" Apple II, yes, but you can get a II+, IIe, IIgs
> fairly reasonably these days. They are not all as 'Rare'
> as you may believe.
>
> Bill

Even the primary school kids didn`t like`m
Should`ve given them a C64 loaded with games :P

From: Bill Buckels on
On Jan 14, 11:38 am, "Colin" <colmac1...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Even the primary school kids didn`t like`m
> Should`ve given them a C64 loaded with games

My kids didn't prefer either the Apple (II, //e, or GS) or the C=64...
and I always outfitted them with new IBM-PC's with sound cards and
high-end Video cards even in the '80's.

They used all 3 computers. Mr. Garber is right about the good stuff
being made for the Apple II... I just got a sound card add-in for my
FPGA Carte-Blanche... and at least the Apple II had firmware...

However, I have a large collection of both Apples and cbm's here and
don't see any point in slamming either... my MMC replay works well
enough.

As far as games and school, from what I see most of the kids in that
generation sadly never progressed much past that point of maturity.

Bill