From: Porter Smith on
Marc Auslander <marcslists(a)gmail.NOSPAM.com> wrote in

> Porter Smith <my_port_2000(a)yahoo.com> writes:
>

>> I just spoke to WF. They say they are aware of the problem at at this
>> time do not support Wachovia Visa. He said they are still deciding
>> whether to keep offering the service for free, or to charge $3/month.
>>

> Just the first shoe to drop as the best consumer bank gets converted
> to one of the worst. WF also charges for Quicken bill pay - Wachovia
> didn't - so expect another "surprise" when they convert our bank
> accounts.
>
> Capital one seems to be trying to become the best consumer bank - but
> for me they don't have a close enought branch yet.

I've had a savings account at INGDirect for a long time. If WF starst
adding fee to my checking account, I may vote with my feet.

(BTW I disabled online access for my Wachovia Visa card then reenabled it
by pointing to "Wells Fargo Web Banking". It seems to work, except the
first time it downloaded 67 transactions that had already cleared.)
From: Porter Smith on

> Porter Smith <my_port_2000(a)yahoo.com> writes:
>> (BTW I disabled online access for my Wachovia Visa card then
>> reenabled it by pointing to "Wells Fargo Web Banking". It seems to
>> work, except the first time it downloaded 67 transactions that had
>> already cleared.)
>
> Curious - because quicken doesn't offer me that option. Onle Well
> Fargo - which it then says doesn't support one step.

I picked Wells Fargo, then got another window wth 3 choices. I tried each
one and Web Banking worked.

BTW I have spoken to at least 6 people at Wachovia and WF and have gotten a
different answer each time.